WSJ | Donors to GOP Group Drew IRS Scrutiny: At the same time the Internal Revenue Service was targeting tea-party groups, the tax agency took the unusual step of trying to impose gift taxes on donors to a prominent conservative advocacy group formed in 2007 to build support for President George W. Bush’s Iraq troop surge.
The Raw Story | Tea party speaker presents proof Grover Norquist is a secret Muslim: ‘He has a beard’: A speaker at a tea party event in Texas recently suggested that that anti-tax lobbyist Grover Norquist was a secret Muslim because “he has a beard.”
World News | The drawdown diet: Marines steamed by loss of hot meal at Afghanistan base: Marines at Camp Leatherneck in Afghanistan will lose a key daily meal starting Saturday, causing some to forgo a hot breakfast and others to work six-plus hours without refueling on cooked food, according to Marines at the base and Marine Corps officials.
- First on CNN: IRS collects docs from 88 employees in investigation
- Niels Lesniewski / The World’s Greatest …: IRS Fails to Meet Deadlines in Tea Party Targeting Probe
- Joel B. Pollak / BREITBART.COM: EXCLUSIVE: IRS IGNORES SENATE DEADLINE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT SCANDAL
- Weasel Zippers: Shocker: IRS Fails To Meet Disclosure Deadline To Produce Documents Requested By Senate
- Ed Morrissey / Hot Air: IRS idea of “a few” turns out to be …
- Steve M. / No More Mister Nice Blog: FOX PLAYS IDEOLOGICAL TELEPHONE AGAIN — Headline at Fox Nation:
- Jim Hoft / The Gateway Pundit: So Much for the “Two Rogue Employees” Line… 90 IRS Agents Were Involved in Scandal
- Andrew Stiles / National Review: IRS Ignores Disclosure Deadline